Friday, April 10, 2015

Baby Ester

Bless the Lord, O my soul,                                                March 2015
    and all that is within me,
    bless his holy name!
Bless the Lord, O my soul,
    and forget not all his benefits,
Psalm 103:1-2

We just wanted to thank each one of you for praying for us during these last few days. Some of you without knowing what has been going on.

In December we found out Baby Ester had a problem in one of her lungs, a cyst that had damaged half of her left lung. By February the doctors were convinced that it had stopped growing and that it would not cause more problems, she would just need a small surgery once she was born.

March 4th at eight months, I realized I had not felt baby move in a while and tried to get her to move for me, she didn´t. So we called the hospital, they said to come in right away. In the ER they did an ultrasound and we saw her heart beating fine. She had turned right side up since the last ultrasound, so maybe that is why I didn´t feel her moving like before.

The next day I had a scheduled ultrasound with our regular doctor, I still had not felt her move. The doctor saw right away that there was a problem with her growth and her heart beat was very faint. So they immediately took me in for a  C-section. Everything happened very quickly, but baby Ester did not make it past birth. Apparently the cyst was a tumor and had grown very rapidly in the three weeks since the last ultrasound.

Please pray for us that we might keep our eyes on Jesus, trust in Him and His promises.

 But, as it is written,
“What no eye has seen, nor ear heard,
    nor the heart of man imagined,
what God has prepared for those who love him”
1 Corinthians 2:9

Thank you for all your love your prayers and so many messages you have sent us.

Mario, Lancy & Lorena

No comments:

Post a Comment